Basic APA information and examples of citations for different kinds of sources.
APA Research papers require an abbreviated version of your title and a page number in the upper right corner of each page.
1) On the first page of the paper, select the Insert tab.
2) Select Header from the Header & Footer section of the Insert ribbon.
3) Select Blank.
4) Type your abbreviated title and click the spacebar.
5) Click on Page Number
6) Select Current location and Plain for number type. This inserts the page number on the current page and to each page as you add to your paper.
7) Select the Home tab and set the text to align right.
8) Select the Header Footer Tools tab at the top of the Window.
9) Click the red x in the corner to return to editing your paper.
From your Google Doc, 1) click on Insert in the Menu, 2) click on Header & page number, and 3) select Header.
Press the Enter key 4 times and type your short title in all caps on the left. This will now show top left on all of your pages even with your page numbers on the right.